How to make brown jasmine rice in the Instant Pot
This Instant Pot brown jasmine rice is such a staple in our house. We make it about once a week to use throughout the week for lunches and dinners. It’s easy, hands-off, fairly quick, and fluffy. And it’s a great recipe to add to your meal prep.
Brown Jasmine Rice in the Instant Pot
- 2 cups brown jasmine rice, rinsed until the water runs clear (I love the Trader Joe’s bag)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Add of the ingredients to your Instant Pot and give it a quick stir. (We have this one and it’s the perfect size for our family of five.)
Cook on the manual high heat setting for 20 minutes.
Then, turn it off and let it sit and naturally release for about 15 minutes.
Release any extra steam, open and fluff with a fork.
This brown jasmine rice is delicious with curry, burrito bowls, scrambled eggs … here are some of my favorite recipes for serving this rice:
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry from Pinch of Yum (Tip: if you’re making this and the rice, cook the rice first (about 30 minutes before you want to start the curry)
- Tex Mex Casserole from Oh She Glows
- Add about a cup of leftover rice to this easy Cauliflower Fried Rice.
- Sausage Rice and Pepper Skillet from Cook Plus
- Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet from Damn Delicious
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comment section below!