This dinner comes together so quickly, it’s one of my favorites to make when we need dinner on the table quickly. It’s also a recipe that you can easily tweak by swapping in and out veggies and protein to your family’s liking. (I’ll share a bunch of ways you can tweak this recipe at the bottom of the post.)
When the girls are in sports (during normal times 🙂 ) I would make this quick Cauliflower Fried Rice dinner about once a week because it’s so easy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Quick Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen veggie mix of peas, carrots and corn
- 1 package chopped mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 bags riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup leftover cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- Follow the directions to cook edamame, then set the edamame aside.
- While the edamame cooks, add the avocado oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and veggies (except riced cauliflower) and cook until the veggies are cooked to your liking. Add in the riced cauliflower, optional brown rice, ginger and edamame.
- Once the rice is heated through, spread everything to the outside of the pan, forming an empty circle in the center. Add sesame oil and eggs to the empty center. Scramble the eggs in the center of the pan. Once the eggs are cooked, stir everything to mix together.
- Add coconut aminos and tamari, and stir to mix. Feel free to add a splash more tamari if needed, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving ideas & recipe tweaks:
- Add cooked protein like shrimp or chicken.
- Great as a side dish to sesame chicken or Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken or another Asian-inspired dish.
- Swap in/out veggies. We love using mushrooms, bell pepper, peas, edamame, carrots, corn. But any veggies work well in this.
- Add in diced pineapple and this is delicious!
I hope you enjoy this super quick dinner recipe. If you give it a try, I’d love to know how you like it. Please let me know below.
Check out other healthy recipes HERE.