I’m a snacker, and am always looking for quick and healthy snack ideas. If I go too long between meals, I get really tired, grumpy and sometimes hangry. Ever since I purchased the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan (Seriously a game changer for my health), I’ve made a conscious effort to eat five meals a day– three larger meals and two smaller, snack-size. It helps so much with my energy and keeping my nutrition on track.
I get bored of eating the same thing every day so I’m always switching up my meals. Here are a few of my favorite quick and healthy snack ideas, and hopefully you get some inspiration!
- Banana Chia Muffins
- Apple slices with peanut or almond butter
- Plain Greek yogurt with berries and granola (sometimes homemade; if not, an option with natural sugar)
- Raw almonds and a few dark chocolate chips
- A hard-boiled egg and a whole fruit, like pear or berries
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Plantain Chips with avocado or homemade guacamole
- Banana with peanut butter and chia seeds
- A fruit smoothie with protein powder (with 2 servings of fruit and a handful of spinach and unsweetened almond milk)
- Toast with a 1/4 avocado and pinch of salt
- A few cubes of cheese and Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Toast with almond or peanut butter and sliced banana
- Carrots and hummus
- Raw almonds or other raw nuts with a few small pieces of dried fruit like apricots or mango
- Fruit and a few cubes of cheese
What are your favorite healthy snacks?