One of the things that keeps me on track with healthy eating is making a dinner meal plan every week. Usually I plan out what dinner we’ll have for each night, but right now that seems unnecessary since we’re home and busy plans aren’t driving what we eat for dinner. Instead I’m going by what sounds good that night. So I’ve created my meal plan this week with 5 dinners we’ll have throughout the week, anytime.
Also, I’ve been thinking about including a grocery list with these posts so you can either print of check off as you shop. Would that be helpful? Let me know in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. 🙂
Here’s what’s for dinner this week:
Salmon + roasted sweet potatoes + brussel sprouts. Easy, healthy and delicious. My girls love when I add about 1 tablespoon maple syrup to the brussel sprouts before roasting. 🙂
- Coat 2 diced sweet potatoes and quartered brussel sprouts in avocado oil, salt and pepper (optional maple syrup :)) separately. I also love adding a sprinkle of paprika and/or chipotle pepper to the sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or 9×13 pan. Begin roasting the sweet potatoes first since they take a little longer. In 375 degree oven, roast sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Then, add the brussel sprouts to the same pan if there’s room, and roast both for another 20 minutes, until both are done.
- While the veggies are roasting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, then place the salmon on, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, generous amount of salt and pepper and optional small drizzle (about 1 tablespoon) or maple syrup.
- When there’s about 12 minutes left for the veggies, place salmon in the oven. Use a fork to check if the salmon is done; it’s done when it flakes apart.
Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos from Eating Bird Food. I’m excited to try this simple and delicious-looking dinner! I will roast some sweet potatoes as “chips” too, so we’ll turn this into Cheesy Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Nachos. 🙂 We’ll top it with mashed black beans, black olives, avocado, cilantro, Greek yogurt and grape tomatoes. Yum.
Brown Rice + Black Bean Bowls. This is such a simple and delicious dinner. I cook up brown rice, then add in a bunch of chopped cilantro, juice of a lime, garlic and salt and pepper. I roast a bell pepper and grape or cherry tomatoes, then add it to the rice with drained black beans. Add as much to a bowl and top with goodies like lettuce (romaine, butter lettuce, chopped spinach or shedded cabbage are delicious), avocado, cheese, salsa, Greek yogurt, more lime and cilantro. This is also great with quinoa instead of brown rice, or riced cauliflower.
Crustless Chicken Sausage and Veggie Pizza from Simply Real Health. This looks delicious!
A Big Leftover Salad with broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers with spinach and Hemp Seed Ranch Dressing.
- Hemp Seed Ranch Dressing
- In a blender, blend together 1/2 cup hemp hearts, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Store it in the fridge and dip veggies into it or use as salad dressing.