One of my favorite home date nights with my husband or easy lunches for myself or girls is a Snack/Cheese Board. Especially filled with yummy goodies from Trader Joe’s. 🙂 This is also our go-to lunch/snack to bring to a picnic at a park or a winery.
A good snack/cheese board needs different flavors and textures, in my opinion. 🙂 You don’t need a lot of everything, but just little taste.
Here are the staples to create a delicious cheese/snack board:
- A couple delicious & different cheeses. My favorites are goat cheese, a hard cheese and brie.
- A couple different crackers, to go with each cheese, and to dip in hummus.
- Fruit. Fresh and/or dried. Apple slices, grapes, pear slices, cherries, berries. I think any fruit but citrus works really well on a cheese plate. Dried fruit like dried cranberries, dried apricots, dried apples, dried mango are also really delicious.
- Something savory. Like, salami, prosciutto and olives. The salty- (from the meat/olives) sweet (from the fruit) combo is so good!
- Something crunchy, like mixed nuts. Cashews or almonds are favorites of ours.
- Hummus. I like adding a little hummus to this because it adds some protein and will fill you up if you’re having this for an easy lunch.
- Veggies, for dipping in the hummus. Like baby carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli.
- A little something sweet. Like a piece of chocolate, candy, whatever little treat you want to add.
Here are our favorite Trader Joe’s items for creating a delicious Cheese/Snack/Picnic Board:
Unexpected Cheddar Cheese
If you love cheddar and parmesan cheese, this one has the flavors of both. It’s really good! One of my favorite TJs cheeses.
3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers
I love that I recognize every ingredient in these: yellow corn, sunflower oil, sweet potato, flax seeds, black sesame seeds, chia seeds and sea salt. They’re a good healthier cracker.
Uncured Applewood Smoked Salami
This salami has a sweet-salty flavor that my girls love too.
Chevre Honey Goat’s Milk Cheese
SO good! Sweet and creamy, and delicious with the Raisin Rosemary Crisps. I also love adding this cheese to homemade pizza.
Raisin Rosemary Crisps
These crackers are one of my favorites. They’re really good with goat cheese especially. I love the sweetness of the raisins and the rosemary flavor. The combo is so good!
Mediterranean Style Hummus
I love the flavors of this hummus. There are pine nuts on top which adds a fun crunch. I love dipping carrots, cucumber, broccoli, or crackers into this hummus.
Carrots of Many Colors
These are fun because they’re colorful, plus they’re perfect size for dipping in hummus.
Marcona Almonds with Rosemary
These are a bit of a splurge but are really good. They’re lightly salted with rosemary and the combo is delicious.
These are one of my favorite dried fruits. Easy to bring along to a picnic or as a snack.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Every cheese board/ snack plate needs a little chocolate, I think. 🙂
Just Mango Slices
I love that these don’t have added sugars like a lot of dried fruits. They’re great for snacking, a picnic or adding to a cheese board.
What are your favorite Trader Joe’s items for creating a delicious cheese/snack board?! I’d love to give them a try.