This easy pasta with turkey and veggie marinara is our go-to dinner on nights when I want something quick, easy, mindless, healthy, that every one likes. You can’t go wrong with this dinner!
It’s also easy to tweak if you prefer different veggies or meat or pasta.
Easy Pasta with Turkey & Veggie Marinara
- 1 lb. pasta (we love Trader Joe’s Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli, or Barilla Gluten-Free Spaghetti)
- 1 lb. ground turkey or Italian chicken sausage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped (or about 3/4 cup baby carrots chopped)
- 1 large jar of marinara sauce (look for one with no added sugars)
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- While the pasta cooks, add the turkey or sausage to a large pan and crumble and cook it until it’s no longer pink.
- Add in the chopped veggies and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce into the meat and veggie pan and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Into each bowl, add pasta, sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Serve & enjoy!
If you like this easy recipe, I have a bunch of others HERE! They’re easy and family friendly.