An easy and healthy Mexican-inspired rice in the Instant Pot, with cilantro, lime, garlic and spinach (I promise no one will know there’s spinach in it!)
This recipe is adapted from Chef de Home and has become one of our favorite rice dishes to serve with tacos or fajitas or other Mexican-inspired dinner we’re having.
It’s a really easy recipe, full of flavor and I love that there’s a ton of good ingredients in it. Kids (and adults) will never know there’s a bunch of spinach in it too. 😉
Cilantro Green Rice in the Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed until the water runs clear
- 1 bunch of cilantro (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large blender, add cilantro, spinach, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno and 1/2 cup broth. Puree until everything is blended.
- In your instant pot, add the avocado oil, rice, seasoning, leftover 1 cup broth and the cilantro-spinach blended mixture. Give it a quick stir.
- Close the lid and set it to manual high heat setting for 4 minutes.
- Then, turn it off and let it sit and naturally release for about 15 minutes.
- Release any extra steam, open and fluff with a fork.
This rice is so versatile. We love serving it on the side with tacos, or fajitas, in burrito bowls, with scrambled eggs. So many delicious ways to eat this rice. 🙂
Let me know if you give this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe a try! Tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comment section below. 🙂 I would LOVE to hear how you like it!