I’m taking a break from sharing my weekly dinner plans to focus on my Spring Meal Plan (coming soon!), but still wanted to find a way to share amazing recipes I find and try!
So, here are the best recipes I tried in February! I made some delicious ones that my kids loved and that have become some regulars in my dinner rotation. I hope you get some inspiration for new recipes to try!
1. Vegan Lentil & Black Bean Chili from Midwest Foodie
The flavors of this were so good! A few things I really loved about this chili (plus some comments about it):
- it’s plant-based
- it was so quick and easy
- the smokey-ness of the chipotle peppers tasted amazing
- I added 1 diced sweet potato to this and added it into the chili before adding the lentils. Once the sweet potatoes were tender, then I added the lentils so it took a little longer. Still, a really quick dinner!
- It would be delicious served over a baked sweet potato
- We topped ours with avocado and a handful of flaxseed & corn tortilla chips.
- My girls liked it with a sprinkle of cheese on top and the tortilla chips.
- My sister and a couple girlfriends also made it and loved it too!
2. Crispy Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Pesto Pasta from Half Baked Harvest
I’ve been on a big cauliflower kick lately and this dinner was delicious. I loved that the pasta had coconut milk in it, which added a creamy sweetness to it. Here’s what I loved about it:
- Another delicious plant-based dinner
- It was really quick
- the coconut milk added such a nice creaminess and sweetness to the pesto
- My girls love pesto, pasta and cauliflower so this was a big dinner win!
Get the recipe HERE!
3. Portobello Fajitas
We are big fans of fajitas in our house! They’re quick, easy to change up, full of veggies and delicious too. This recipe will be in my Spring Meal Plan and I’m so excited to share it because it was so so good! Sign up HERE to be first to know when my Spring Meal Plan launches (plus you’ll immediately get 5 of my favorite Trader Joe’s dinners too!). I can’t wait to share it!
What we loved about these:
- With the portobellos, it’s a good plant-based protein that will fill you up
- The “hardest” part is slicing the veggies. This recipe is really simple and easy.
- You can add whatever toppings you love. I love avocado slices, tomatoes and a sprinkle of lime juice.
4. Vegan Taco Salad from Oh She Glows Dinner Cookbook
This meatless taco mixture is so good! It was such a pleasant surprise how much Alex and I loved this dinner. We made it 3 times in February and I know it’s going to be one we continue to make. It would be perfect for a summer dinner by the pool (I’m looking forward to that already 🙂 ).
A few tweaks I made to this recipe:
- I found I didn’t need the extra oil in the mixture so I didn’t add it.
- I loved serving this with Trader Joe’s Plantain Chips. So good!
Get the recipe in the Oh She Glows Dinner Cookbook HERE.
5. Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup from Simply Quinoa
You know when you try a recipe and you can’t wait for the leftovers? That was this dinner. I had seconds at dinner and then looked forward to having more for lunch the next day. It was that good!
What I loved about this soup:
- It was filling and fueling. I was full but didn’t feel uncomfortable full after eating it.
- The flavors were so delicious together.
- I made a few tweaks to the recipe: I ran out of cinnamon so instead I added about 1 teaspoon garam masala when I added the spinach and coconut milk at the end. I also added a full can of coconut milk (Trader Joe’s has a guar-gum free canned coconut milk that I love).
- It would be so delicious alongside warmed naan bread.
Plus 3 recipes I’m looking forward to making soon!
Enchiladas with Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Recipe and image from Weeknight Bite
I love tomatillos so I’m really looking forward to trying this. Instead of chicken I’m going to use sweet potato and black beans.
Cara Cara Orange Loaf
Recipe and image from Amy at Cooking Restored.
Doesn’t this look so delicious?! All of Amy’s recipes look delicious. 🙂
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
Recipe and image from @wellbalancedbod
I love cauliflower and this looks so delicious. Plus I think my husband will love it!
Have you tried any delicious recipes lately? Comment below, I’d love to try them!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment